Support Engineer at Greenpeace International
|Reageer op de vacature Support Engineer at Greenpeace International via de website van Greenpeace International|
|Deel de vacature Support Engineer at Greenpeace International met een vriend(in)|
|Print de vacature Support Engineer at Greenpeace International|
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organisation that acts to change attitudes and behavior, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace.
Purpose of the job:
Support end users in Greenpeace International in order to let them make the most effective and efficient way regarding IT solutions.
- Act as first point of contact for users regarding global and local systems in order to provide them with a single point of contact regarding IT questions.
- Support end users in day to day use of systems in order to enable them in the use of IT systems.
- Provide training and induction in order to skill users in the use of IT systems.
- Communicate to end users about all relevant local and global IT issues in order to keep them informed.
- Deploy desktop hardware and software in order for end users to use them for their work.
- Develop and provide training, manuals and knowledge base articles to staff to enable them to make full use of the information systems.
- Occasional work outside office hours and during weekend can be required in order to support skill shares and perform maintenance on systems.
Skills qualifications / required:
- Bachelors level degree or college diploma in IT and/or work experience amounting to this level.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in providing end user support in an international environment.
- Problem solving skills and good approach to end users.
- Ability to explain technical issues to users in understandable language.
- Experience with and good knowledge of Windows, Mac and desktop software and systems, basic knowledge of networking.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience in creating system and user documentation.
- Experience in providing end user training.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written and preferably one other foreign language.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your CV along with a letter of motivation via our application form.
- 15 februari 2013
- soort vacature
- Vaste baan
- Zo snel mogelijk.
- uren per week
- tarief of salaris
- In overleg te bepalen.
- Greenpeace International